Sunday, April 10, 2011

I was laying in the soft grass, eyes shifting between the starry night sky and the slowly billowing bushes adjacent to me. The gentle rustle of creatures scurrying in and out of the growth was keeping my ears occupied, soaking in the tranquility of nature. An angelic moment to say the least, brought to a crashing halt by a miniscule droplet of water. Spurred by the droplet, the realization that the fucking sprinklers are about to turn on shattered my reverie. Patty (my travel partner) and I are sleeping in a downtown park in the sprawling metropolis of Melbourne. Wrapped in a home outfitter duvet cover I was almost starting to enjoy the experience. An experience that was direct cause and effect of procrastinating to find a job. That was, until the sprinklers turned on. Scurrying to gather all my worldly possessions before the sprinklers get the best of me, I came to another shocking realization that Patty is nowhere to be seen. He has had a tendency to get drunk and wander off, but I know tonight we are sober. Painfully sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment